Facing a series of quality quandaries in recent times, Ford is no stranger to the vexations of both its clientele and internal team. Such hitches aren’t just a thorn in the side for vehicle enthusiasts but also dig deep into Ford’s financials.
Taking the steering wheel in its hands, The Blue Oval is revving up its commitment to launch vehicles that scream premium quality. By the time 2025 calendars are hung up, Ford envisions standing atop the pedestal for specific flagship models.
Ford pulled the curtains back on this ambition at the 2024 Capital Markets Day, spotlighting the Ford F-150, Super Duty, Bronco, Ranger, and Transit as the torchbearers of this quality revolution.
FoMoCo, from the word go, has been transparent about the journey ahead. While 2025 marks the zenith, the climb’s rewards are predicted to start unrolling in 2024. Charting this path, the automaker has locked sights on seven determinants. Recent shifts include comprehensive test runs and amplified assembly line quality screenings.
A testament to this dedication? The Blue Oval’s recent decision to pump the brakes on the production of sensations like the 2024 Super Duty, the groundbreaking S650 2024 Mustang, and the rejuvenated 2024 Escape. A keen eye caught assembly discrepancies, prompting FoMoCo to pause, mend, and then resume their production rhythm.
- Why has Ford re-emphasized vehicle quality now? Ford has encountered several quality challenges recently, sparking a drive to reinvent their standards and output.
- Which models are under Ford’s spotlight for the 2025 quality vision? The models include the Ford F-150, Super Duty, Bronco, Ranger, and Transit.
- When will we start seeing the first wave of these quality improvements? While 2025 is the target year, Ford anticipates initial positive outcomes to manifest by 2024.
- What new practices is Ford introducing to achieve its quality goals? Among other measures, Ford emphasizes rigorous vehicle test runs and bolstered assembly line quality checks.
- Has Ford taken any recent actions highlighting this renewed focus on quality? Yes, they paused production on vehicles like the 2024 Super Duty, the 2024 Mustang S650, and the 2024 Escape to address and resolve identified quality concerns before resuming operations.