The East Harriet Farmstead Neighborhood Association’s (EHFNA) signature event, RoseFest, is set for tomorrow from noon to 8 p.m. at Lyndale Farmstead Park, 3900 Bryant Ave. S.
This is the second year of RoseFest, which drew roughly 1,800 people throughout the day last year. More than 2,000 are expected this year.
EHFNA used to do more informal events at the Lake Harriet Rose Garden, but decided to start RoseFest at the park as the neighborhood’s premier happening, attracting people from throughout East Harriet and beyond. The event also serves as a fundraiser for the neighborhood and EHFNA programs.
Here’s a schedule of what’s going on at RoseFest, according to a recent East Harriet newsletter:
– Noon-5 p.m. – Pony rides
– Noon-4 p.m. – Gardens of East Harriet tour
– Noon-4 p.m. – Wirth House Tours
– Noon-7p.m. – Dunk tank, inflatables, a bellringer and kids carnival games
– Noon-8 p.m. – Live music
– Noon-8 p.m. – Food Galore: hotdogs, brats, hamburgers (vegetarian options too!), roasted corn, chips, sno cones and cool beverages.
– Noon – 8 p.m. – Information and vendor booths
– 2 p.m., 3 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. – Kickball games open to all on the north field at the park