Minneapolis police are looking for three individuals suspected of breaking into a Lowry Hill man’s home Nov. 3, tying him up and stealing his vehicle.
The incident happened at 9:30 p.m. on the 1300 block of Summit Avenue.
According to information from 5th Precinct Crime Prevention Specialist (CPS) Sarah Mahmud, the suspects entered the home through an unsecured kitchen window after removing the screen. They restrained the resident and demanded personal property before releasing him and stealing his car.
Police stepped up patrols in the area after the incident.
The case is under investigation and police are developing suspect information. Anyone with a tip is encouraged to call the Minneapolis Tips Line at 692-8477.
The police department also offered the following safety tips:
• Do not confront a burglar who enters your home. Immediately leave or go to a secure area and call 911.
• Do not leave valuables in plain sight.
• Record the make, model and serial number on your valuables.
• Call 911 to report suspicious activity.
• Talk to your neighbors about crime trends.
• Leave outdoor lights on overnight.
• Ask your CPS to conduct a free home security survey. Call the 5th Precinct’s main number 673-5705 to find out who your CPS is.