Crime-Prevention Specialist Jennifer Waisanen issued a crime alert for the Lowry Hill East (Wedge) neighborhood following two similar burglaries in mid-November. The burglaries occurred on the 1900 block of Bryant Avenue South at approximately 12:45 a.m. and on the 1900 block Aldrich Avenue South at approximately 7 p.m.
The suspect is described in the alert as a black man 30 to 35 years old and between 5-foot-6 inches and 6 feet tall. The report states the alleged suspect wore a green knit cap and carried a crowbar.
In the alert, Waisanen urges residents to call 911 if they see the suspect or to report any suspicious behavior. Other tips include:
– Keep doors and windows locked at all times;
– Pin windows to only allow for no more than a six-inch opening;
– Use deadbolts;
– Familiarize yourself with neighbors;
– Leave on radios, lights and the television while away; and
– Organize a neighborhood block club to combat crime.
For more information, contact Waisanen at 673-2815.