It’s one of my favorite Journal features of the year — our annual "Thank You" issue.
Please take a minute to reflect on all of the good deeds of folks in your neighborhood and send in your notes of gratitude. We will print your thank you notes in our final issue of the year — the Dec. 29 SWJ.
Here are a few rules for our "thank you" edition:
• The "thankee" must live, work or do their good in Southwest — the area between France Avenue South and I-35W, the Crosstown Highway and I-94 and I-394 (plus the northern half of the Bryn Mawr neighborhood).
• The "good works" don’t have to be extraordinary, just good.
• The nomination must be a maximum of 250 words.
• Entries must be submitted by Dec. 12.
• Photos of the person or persons you’re thanking are much appreciated.
You can e-mail your "thank you" tributes to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax them to 825-0929, or send a letter to Thank Yous, Southwest Journal, 1115 Hennepin Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55403. Please include your name, address and phone number, and your neighborhood.
Sarah McKenzie, Journal editor