What are you thankful for? Your next-door neighbor who unexpectedly drops off a bundt cake? The smiling face of your friendly barista at the neighborhood coffee shop? The kid down the block who watches your dog while you’re on vacation? We want to know who you are grateful for and print your notes of gratitude in the Dec. 17–30 edition of the Southwest Journal. Last year, dozens of readers wrote to us with touching tributes to their neighbors, teachers and volunteers in the community. I hope to see even more "thank-you" notes this year.
Here are a few rules for our "thank you" edition.
• The "thankee" must live, work or do their good in Southwest — the area between France Avenue South and I-35W, the Crosstown Highway and I-94 and I-394 (plus the northern half of the Bryn Mawr neighborhood).
• The "good works" don’t have to be extraordinary, just good.
• The nomination must be a maximum of 250 words.
• Entries must be submitted by Nov. 30.
• Photos of the person or persons you’re thanking are much appreciated.
You can send the Journal your "thank you" tributes several ways. You can e-mail them to [email protected], fax them to 825-0929, or send a letter to Thank Yous, Southwest Journal, 1115 Hennepin Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55403.
Please include your name, address and phone number, and your neighborhood.