The Hennepin-Lake intersection in Uptown was dressed for the season in this photograph from Hennepin History Museum’s collection. On the far left is the Hove’s grocery store, now Lunds & Byerlys. Also on the left is the old Rainbow Café. Founded in 1919, the Rainbow was a local icon and a popular destination for diners from across the Twin Cities. Both buildings remain today, although the parking lot in the middle has been replaced by retail and office space.