With more than 1,300 flavors available on their shelves, Blue Sun Soda Shop boasts America’s largest selection of carbonated beverages. Since opening last year, they have become a destination for soda enthusiasts and party planners.
From local to international, the just-expanded store is packed with aisles of colorful selections and an area for taste testing. Many of their sodas are sweetened with pure cane sugar, some are gluten-free, and there’s an entire aisle of diet and low-calorie sodas.
Blue Sun Soda Shop also offers a vast assortment of rare and unusual candies and three free pinball machines. I decided to load up on mix-and-match 6-packs and cases for my friends and family and checked off most of my gift list. Here are my selections and possible gift tags. Feel free to copy.
May your holidays and New Year be filled with travel and adventure.
- Plum soda from Japan
- Chicago’s famous Berghoff draft style Root Beer
- German melon soda
- Bundaberg Ginger Beer from Australian (with a fun pull top)
- A Scottish carbonated drink, considered the other national beverage
- Norwegian orange soda
Enjoy the spice of life this holiday season!
- Pumpkin Spice Tonic
- Root Beer with clove and molasses
- Grapefruit Cayenne
- Spiced Apple Cider Soda
- Orange, jasmine, and nutmeg soda
- Minty Candy Cane Shake
To a stylish New Year! Your sense of design will delight in these labels.
- Juniper Berry Sparkling Soda (award-worthy label in front and behind of soda)
- Maine Blueberry Soda (wood-cut-style illustration and distressed typewriter font)
- Sipp’s, blackberry, mint and lime “Mojo Berry” (sleek, elegant typography worthy of a fine wine label)
- Brownie brand sodas (vintage labels circa 1929)
- Empire Bottling Works’ Ginger Ale (pale stripes, vintage type, great crown logo)
- Cucumber Aloe Sparkling Water (nearly clear label with contemporary photo elements)
Your friendship and loyalty are consistent. Orange you glad I got you another great gift this year?
- A full case of 24 different kinds of orange soda — in classic, creme and diet varieties
Sugar and spice and all that’s nice. Here’s to the sweet life!
- Nostalgic 1960s-era candy bars
- Fine jewelry — a matching candy necklace and bracelet set
- Mix and match salt water taffy
Enjoy your holiday season!!
Know of any hidden treasures? Contact Linda Koutsky on Facebook
Blue Sun Soda Shop
1625 County Road 10, Spring Lake Park (just 20 minutes north of Downtown)
Open 10 a.m.–8 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m.–6 p.m. Sunday
LUNCH TIP: Located nearby, Laddie Lake Pub overlooks a small lake and serves something I’ve never seen on a menu before — sunfish! (8466 Highway 65 NE, Spring Lake Park)